LOVE generously, PRAISE loudly, LIVE fully....

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mine in 2009



I have learned a lot in 2008. I am realizing that I can't run the world, only my own little piece, and although have veered away from church a bit, I have continued to keep God in my fore-thought, and have done my best to live my life in a way that is pleasing to Him.

I have learned that living a busy life, raising a family with a husband and 3 children, building bonding relationships with friends, and being available for loved ones requires a lot of our time and energy, and have realized that it's alright if we can't make it to church EVERY Sunday...
Resolution #1 - attend Church at least 1 Sunday a month.

I've learned to let go of things that in the past has held me back spiritually, and it was through prayer, much self reflection, and constant fellowship with the ones close to me, that has helped me learn "letting go" although still a work in progress.
Resolution #2 - "Letting go" takes practice, and I will remind myself of this when I am frustrated.

I've learned that I'm a very critical person, and have also learned that this is just how God wired me, so rather than trying to change this piece of me, I need to redirect.
Resolution #3 - Be critical, but use this as a way to self reflect ONLY!

I've learned that I can't always please everyone, but if I stay true to myself, and am polite, delicate, and kind to others in doing so, I am fulfilling Gods definition of success... Successfully being Me!
Resolution #4 - Free to be me....Who I am = BEING

I've learned that "feelings" of love, kindness, compassion, courage, strength, and good will are useless without "action"
Resolution #5 - Take the time, and make the effort to let the inside become the outside. Turn BEING into DOING!

I've learned that one of the purposes of life is not to just feel happy, that happiness is a decision we make, not an occurrence and not only a result of something good. Life holds fears, frustrations, failures, anger and disappointments, and if we expect these things rather than try to avoid these things, we're able to focus on the blessings in the lessons. So rather than feeling like victims, we become victors and recognize these painful lessons as opportunities to help others by what we've learned through our pain.... and it's in this..... we find "happiness"
Resolution #6 - Be happy

No comments: